Glass Half Full
• Darkness - The state or quality of being dark.
o Absence or deficiency of light.
o Wickedness or evil
o Obscurity; concealment.
o Lack of knowledge or enlightenment.
o Lack of sight; blindness.
o A state of ignorance.
• Light – Something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
o Laws of Light. Light behaves according to special rules; for example, it usually travels in a straight line and it bounces off mirrors at the same angle it hits them.
• Water (Taoism) - One of the most used symbols of Taoism is that of water. Water is in many ways a Taoist ideal. Water behaves just as the Tao does. Water stays low (seeks the lowest level) and humble, as the Tao does. Water nurtures all life, as the Tao does, yet does not seek to control. When water comes to an obstacle it doesn't fight or worry or even think about it. It just reacts. Yet because it is patient, and always act in accordance with its own inner nature, there is nothing water cannot overcome.
• Optimism - A disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.
o The belief that good ultimately predominates over evil in the world.
o The belief that goodness pervades reality.
o Confidence, hopefulness, cheerfulness.
• Glass Half Full – An idiom used to express being Optimistic in unfortunate circumstances
released December 25, 2011
all rights reserved